Suggest remedies for pain and swelling on forehead post injury

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: yesterday while lying down next to my dog and playing with her she head butted me in the upper left of my forehead. it hurt immediately. I iced it off and on. today it hurts it is tender and fluid, but no real egg bomb. I am on plavix and I am worried because it is very sore but no bruising or bomb. should I be concerned. my pupils are good. If I bend over it really hurts.

thank you but should i be concerned because I take plavix, also how long should the soreness last. I can not do anything much without pain. especially if i bend down or do anything strenuous. also why would I not have a bruise or bump?
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The head injury seems not to of serious nature.
There is no history of headache, vomiting, loss of consciousness, seizures, visual loss.
Localized pain and swelling may be due to superficial injury to muscle and other soft tissue.
You can take pain killers with serratiopeptidase for 3-5 days or apply local pain reliever ointment.
Wishing you good health and early recovery.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

Brief Answer:
Take treatment as advised

Detailed Answer:
Obvious bruises occurs when a blood vessel is ruptured.
If nothing is apparent then no harm in continuing plavix.
It should be stopped if blood collection is there and increasing in size which is unlikely in this situation.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj