question-icon

Suggest Remedies For Pain And Swelling In The Groin Area

Posted on Mon, 20 Nov 2017
Question: Recently I notice a protruding vein or lymph node on the right side of my inner thighs in groin area. It isn't painful but appears swollen. I think it's been there for a few months. I do have a history of varicous veins and I do a lot of strenuous yoga. Not sure if that matters. Any thoughts what it might be and if I should be concerned. I have tried to take a picture but it's in a difficult area so it's kind of hard to see.

Than you in advance for your help.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
probably venous varix

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

I've reviewed the picture, and it doesn't look to me like a lymph node and this is probably venous varices which are dilatation of veins and commonly seen in women of your age. It means that at this place, veins have weakened muscular wall and these spread easily and become prominent under the skin. It may also be caused by insufficient venous valves.

At this point, I don't think that any treatment is necessary. Try to avoid long-standing and reduce weight if you are overweight.

You can apply Venorex cream. If more such lumps occur, then you should get Doppler ultrasound scan and consider surgical treatment as per the findings.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Wish you good health. Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (6 minutes later)
Thank you so much for your prompt and informative reply. I really appreciate it!!
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You're most welcome

Detailed Answer:
You're most welcome.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact me in future.

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon