Suggest remedies for pain and stiffness post knee replacement surgery

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had knee replacement surgery two yrs ago and a region about a yr. ago.
Had pain from the beginning and has never gone away. It hurts when I sit, get up and walk..
Very stiff and painful. I have no swelswelling and the xrays look great. I am 68 yrs old
What could be wrong??
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you share your X rays with me

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I have studied your case and I think your knee can have some neurological problem. There are some cases which have idiopathic pain ful knee and their pain never go.But before we jump to conclusion I want to know little detail of the illness.
1.Can you share your X rays with me?
2.Do you have Diabetes or thyroid or smoking?
3.is this pain present in night or all the day?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad