Suggest remedies for neck pain along with cough and ear infection

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am experiencing pain in the right side of my neck, a couple of inches below my ear. I have had quite a bad cough but it does not feel like an ear infection. It is not constant. It comes and goes, sometimes getting almost unbearable and once in awhile the same pain is on the left side. I have been having the paid off and on for a couple of days but usually it does not last long
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain below ears with cough with on and off nature and severity unbearable is likely an ear infection with associated throat infection. Our throats and ears are connected via eustachian tubes and one getting inflammed can likely inflame nearby structures including lymph nodes, ears, nose etc. Try a few advils and benadryls and see if it helps. Use warm salt water gargles for cough and if the symptoms improve fine , otherwise get to an otolaryngologist and let them have a look and run some tests to find out the possible cause of infection and pain.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan