Suggest remedies for nausea and vomiting

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 6 Jan 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Im 46 yr old female...Recently I got a spreading chill on left side of my head...followed by nausea and vommitting..rested ..better. A week later chill spreading on left side of head...no nausea...what is this? It was really unusual experience..couldnt remeber ever having it before.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
An ear infection to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthCareMagic.com

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Chills are mostly related to infections, in your case, since the chills are located on one side of the head, an ear infection ( otitis media for example ) may be the culprit.

It is necessary to get evaluated by your primary care Doctor as the first step inn understanding better your condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
not an ear infection...it was a chill on left side of my skull..no pain no fever...put nausea and vomitting first time...next answer...disappointed with the first one
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Other causes to be evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

An infection of the middle ear, or sinuses are among the common causes of your symptoms, however, since you seem to be sure that there is no infection, other causes should be considered.

Vascular malformations of the brain ( dural fistula for example ) may result in similar situations if it causes small bleeding.

I still think that you need to get examined as the first step by your Doctor who can order appropriate tests and consultations in order to get a correct diagnosis.

Hope this time I helped you.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj