Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedies for nausea and vomiting

Answered by
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 3700 Questions

Posted on Sat, 6 Jan 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Im 46 yr old female...Recently I got a spreading chill on left side of my head...followed by nausea and vommitting..rested ..better. A week later chill spreading on left side of nausea...what is this? It was really unusual experience..couldnt remeber ever having it before.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
An ear infection to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Chills are mostly related to infections, in your case, since the chills are located on one side of the head, an ear infection ( otitis media for example ) may be the culprit.

It is necessary to get evaluated by your primary care Doctor as the first step inn understanding better your condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
not an ear was a chill on left side of my pain no fever...put nausea and vomitting first answer...disappointed with the first one
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Other causes to be evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

An infection of the middle ear, or sinuses are among the common causes of your symptoms, however, since you seem to be sure that there is no infection, other causes should be considered.

Vascular malformations of the brain ( dural fistula for example ) may result in similar situations if it causes small bleeding.

I still think that you need to get examined as the first step by your Doctor who can order appropriate tests and consultations in order to get a correct diagnosis.

Hope this time I helped you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Sinuses

doctor1 MD

Hello Sir/Mam, My self XXXXXXX XXXX and i m 29 yrs old.I m accountant by profession.from last 1 yr i m suffering from Sinus problem.I DAILY FEEL...

doctor1 MD

Can you get a zit in your nipple? Because I did!!! I didn't know you could get one there. It was the size of a marble and when I squeezed it tons...

doctor1 MD

I have had a mastoid infection on both sides of my head. In XXXXXXX of 2016 I spent a week in the hospital on iv antibiotics. Doctors where not...

doctor1 MD

I was in instivise care for two and half days from morphine overdose. I was in hospital all togather for four days. My kidneys was reading high...

doctor1 MD

Hi i had op to remove disc in my neck and removal of spur on another disc 4 months ago.The inscision was from front hence they had to move voice...

doctor1 MD

my wife used the urine test kit and tested positive for pregnancy but nearing her period time she blead at night and so she has visited the docter...