Suggest remedies for muscle tightness in upper abdomen

Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i am suffring from tightness in upper abdomen like sphinctor or muscle in contracting please tell me the remedy for it increases during standing and sitting

its been more than 24 hours i havent recieved any answer please do reply
Answered by Dr. Rishi 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be Gastritis or a muscle pull of the abdominal muscles.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic and thank you for your question.
Since when do you have this problem?
Did you have any nausea or vomiting before these problems started?
Most likely it could either be Gastritis or a muscle pull of the anterior abdominal wall muscles.
Since you are taking Pantoprazole for Gastritis and I presume you have found no relief then it is possible that it is a muscle pull.
You should see a Surgeon who can examine you and advice accordingly. Since I cant examine you this is what I can make out. Best would be to get examined and get an Ultrasound of the abdomen done.
If it is a muscle pull then you should apply hot water bottles, warm foamentation and give rest to the part. You could also take muscle relaxant medicines like Tizanidine or Cipzox which could give you relief.
Take care and do let me know if there are any queries on this issue.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Rishi 8 minutes later
yes sir I am suffering from chronic gastritis but and this contraction I believe of spinctor starts after nausea. what remedy can I take for this condition
Answered by Dr. Rishi 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Then you should change the medicine and probably some llifestyle changes

Detailed Answer:
In that case you should take the combination medicine Omeprazole plus Domperidone twice a day, half an hour before meals, empty stomach.
This should be able to relieve your problem.
Avoid alcohol and smoking.
Do not lie down soon after a meal. Take a walk after meals and get some more exercise into your routine. Avoid stress.
All these factors would help you relieve this problem.
If it does not improve then you should get an Upper GI Endoscopy done but first try this treatment for atleast a month.
You should be able to get relieved soon.
Take care and feel free to ask any queries about the same.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Rishi 18 days later
The intensity of contraction or spasm felling has reduced to 30% after taking pantaparazole once daily. But it increases as the acidity increases. Can I take higher dose or pantaparazole twice daily or any other supplimentry medicine with it and is it related with gastritis these symptom?
Answered by Dr. Rishi 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should take Pantoprazole twice a day along with Domperidone.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
It is good that the problem has decreased.
I suggest you take Pantoprazole 40mg twice a day, but be sure that you have it on empty stomach and take no food or drink till half an hour after taking the medicine. You should also add Domperidone twice a day and you would feel better.
If this does not decrease the problem please do let me know.
Take care,

Dr Rishi.