Suggest remedies for muscle strain on right hand forearm

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am suffering from muscle strain on the right hand forearm for the last more than 2 weeks for which i did not took any medicine but used hot water bag as well as the ointments like volini, moove on it but still the situation remain same. Now while bending the arm it pains could you please let me know the reason for the same as there is no injury but yes i used to carry vegetables,milk bags and other household items earlier but now i am unable to do so. What could be the best line of treatment if medicine need to be avoided, please provide details urgently.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medicines are must in this case

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
I have studied your case and I think you have strain your forearm muscles. I know that you want to avoid medicines but other line of treatment is not so effective. I want to suggest you following.
1. You need to apply volitran gel and hot water.
2.compression bandage is also helpful.
3.tablet Etoricoxib 90 Mg( safest drug for muscle pull) should be taken one daily.
4.do not do heavy work with this hand for a week.
I hope after taking these steps you will recover fast. In case you have any followup questions. Please ask.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 23 minutes later
For how long the medicine needs to be taken daily?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think it will be sufficient for 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
I would suggested you to take it for one to two weeks.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 4 hours later
Can you please suggest alternative medicine as Etoricoxib 90 Mg not available.
Also is there any specific time i need to take these medicine?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Etoricoxib or voveron 50 mg can be taken

Detailed Answer:
Voveron or lornoxicam or Numesulide can be used if you to do not have Etoricoxib available in your area. These medications need to be taken for 2 weeks. And should not be taken empty stomach.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 17 hours later
Is volitran gel or VOlINI/MOOVE are same? Also suggest in case of tissue rupture what treatment needs to be given in detail please.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Volini will also work

Detailed Answer:
Rest and anti-inflammatory medication both helps in healing. If we keep on using muscles then healing will not take place. So rest is must. Along with rest anti inflammatory like voveron or Etoricoxib can be given.
Body heals it self. We just need to support it. High protein diet like pulses, soybean and egg is also useful.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj