Suggest remedies for motion sickness

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 21 Mar 2016 in General Health
Question: which should I order . I am going sailing and they told me to get something for seasickness
biodramina, hyoscine patches, stugeron, biodramina. I cant afford to get sleepy because I
am a student of sailing. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prochlorperazine, domeperidone and metoclopramide

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

All the medication you described for motion sickness cause some degree of sedation and drowsiness. In my experience, Prochlorperazine, domeperidone and metoclopramide have the least sedation associated with them. You may try any one of these in consultation with your doctor.

If you have to chose from the above list then cinnarizine (Stugerone) would be the better option.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil