Suggest remedies for mild diarrhea while treating depression

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I had a protected sex on august 31st 2017although I had a small paper cut on my finger while fingering and I don’t remember whether the condom tore while I took out my penis at a spa post which I had a low grade fever and a mild diarrhoea along with episodes of recurrent ringworm above my penile area and some in my groin.post this I started applying miconazole cream along with flucanazole tabs.the ring worms then faded away along with no itchiness.now it’s been almost two days I have this rash below my chest which is very itchy and is in a ring like appearance .i would like to know as is this a symptom of an hiv rash or is recurrent ringworm a sign of hiv symptom..I am really getting tensed and going through a lot of depression.iam attaching the picture of the rash .pls help
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms are not specific to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
You had protected sex. Fingering carries a negligible risk as far as HIV transmission is concerned.
Ring worm infection is such a common one. Anybody can get it at anytime. Recurrent and extensive lesions of Ring worm infection can occur in HIV infection only in late and advance immune deficiency had occurred ( after 7 years or more). Moreover you had not mentioned how long after that incident you got your fever and diarrheal episode.
Only HIV test can either confirm or rule out the possibility of HIV, not with such symptoms.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 15 minutes later
Hello doctor thanks for your reply...I would like to add that I got fever and diarrhoea after one and half months after the incident ie a week back...also would like to say that I received an oral job where she wrapped around a polythene bag on the penis while giving me the oral job.what are the chances of me getting infected...as plastic bag being used as a barrier for the oral job.
Also as attached in the image section is the rash just a simple minor rash?
Kindly help
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV transmission risk is negligible.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
If the symptoms like fever or diarrhea were due to HIV, it would have persisted for not less than 2 weeks and would not respond immediately.
Your rash (ring worm infection) is just an ordinary infection which could occur to anybody. Nothing to worry.
Oral sex carries a low risk as per CDC, XXXXXXX USA. Oral sex with some sort of protection had a negligible risk for HIV.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
HELLO doctor thanks for your follow up reply ..I would also like to clear a certain doubt ....a few days back I got a boil kind of a thing in my groin which was in pea shaped and hard when touched ...however I was scared thinking the fact that it may be a lymph node swelling in my groin ...given is the attached picture which can help you to diagnose and help me to clear out this confusion...
My second query is can someone use a polythene bag instead of a condom to cover the penis while oral sex and still posses a risk of transmitting HIV virus even if the plastic bag doesn’t tear off....
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Inguinal nodes not seems involved.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
In the picture sent by you, it seems like a furuncle (tiny abscess) involving skin and not the inguinal node. This is also not a rare thing or specific to HIV /STD. The efficiency of a polythene cover in preventing STD has not been established as with that of latex rubber of condom. Anyway it is far better than having oral sex without any protection, which the risk is already low.
Dr S Murugan