Suggest remedies for metallic taste in mouth

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: had gall bladdr removed 2 months ago. I have a nasty taste in mouth kinda like metal. what can i do?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acid reflux, avoid late meals, use proton pump inhibitors, avoid caffeine

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

This taste could imply reflux of stomach content to the mouth.

You could slight raise your bed about 5cm with respect to the base with small blocks, avoid late meals and take low doses of proton pump inhibitors. 20mg of Omeprazole every evening for about ten to fourteen days is generally effective. Avoid caffeine containing foods like chocolates, coffee and gas containing juice like Coca Cola. Too many spices and pepper might not be advisable especially during crises.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dr Bain

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T