Suggest remedies for lumps around the urethra

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello - I have had a growth around my urethra, near the scrotum, for about a month that is not reducing in size or discomfort. Erections are painful and I have general pains in my lower abdominal area. I'm a 56 year-old male in good health and fitness otherwise.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on Health care Magic.

I have gone very carefully through your query.

As per your clinical history is concerned it is due to an infection only so you need a physical examination by your treating doctor and he will examine enlarged lymph nodes in your groin and scrotum. Then he will prescribe you a course of higher antibiotics and a full blood count with differential. Apply ice packs and take any pain medications to relive discomfort.your doctor is likely to recommend a followup visit to check that infection has cleared completely. If it has not gone away after medication then minor surgical repair will be required if any abscess formed.

Hope that helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T