Suggest remedies for low grade fever and headache

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Thu, 17 Nov 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Low grade fever 99-101 headache lack of energy sleeping or resting most of the time going on for 3 weeks? Thank you
62 year old female
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems like viral

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HealthcareMagic.

This seems like the viral that is going around nowadays. It usually gets better in 10 days. Since your symptoms are going on for more than 3 weeks now, I would suggest blood tests like complete blood count, dengue, malaria and chikungunya test. Dengue and chikungunya are also viral in nature and get better on their own.
Kindly let me know more details:
Do you have any other symptoms like sore throat, mucous, chest congestion, urine issues, etc?
How did it start?
Do you have any comorbid conditions like diabetes, hypertension, etc?

Please answer these queries so that I am better able to help you. If you have done any tests, please upload the reports.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Thank you Dr. Vaishalee, Also had ear pain in one ear (subsided about a week ago), chest congestion and sore throat...No comorbid conditions
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems like viral in recovering phase

Detailed Answer:
Hi again
This seems like a viral in the recovering phase. For some viruses it does take a long time to recover.

To rule out bacterial infections you can send sample of mucous from throat for culture and sensitivity. Z-pack may combat bacterial infection, if any is present, but I feel it is not needed. Or you can take only a short course of the antibiotic.

Meanwhile make sure that you become more active physically. You can do some daily exercises like yoga, gym, walk, cycling etc for atleast 20 min a day. This will increase the immunity. Drink cleaner water.

Dr Vaishalee

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj