Suggest remedies for low fever, cough and cold

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I've been sick for 7 days and a low fever and wet cough and cold like symptoms. My 3 yr old woke up this morning with 102 temp, wet cough and runny nose. I took him to doctor just to be sure it wasn't strep (before the weekend). He was positive. Should I get a strep test? Could it be bronchitis? These symptoms feel like they are never going to go away and I'm drained of all energy.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get tested

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Since your child got the strept infection, it is very likely that you have got the same.
So, i would recommend you to get tested.
If it is positive, you doctor would start you on Penicillin group of antibiotics, and if it is negative, your doctor would just give you anti allergics like Levocetrizine and Montelukast for this purpose.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng