Suggest remedies for low BP

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 29 Apr 2016 in Women's Health
Question: My wife age 46 on second day of period was feeling low and fainted in morning . When i checked her pulse after 10 minutes it read 87/54 with pulse of 72.
i gave her lemonwater with sugar and salt on which she felt better and then went to sleep.
she normally carries low BP .
request advise.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give her healthy diet with plenty of fluids.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Feeling low and fainted during periods can be due to pain and bleeding. This is further aggravated by inadequate diet and fluids. If she is having a moderate bleeding then this can be controlled with a good supportive diet. Give her light easy to digest meals and fruits with plenty of fluids. She can take fresh fruit juice or lime juice several times a day to get an instant boost of energy.
In case the bleeding is heavy then do consult her gynecologist for proper treatment.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thank You doctor
Have giben her limewater twice then she had light breakfast of two bread slices with salt and coffee.
Her Bp readings are as under
first at 5am 87/54 pulse 72
second at 7am 85/50 pulse 98
third at 9am 90/60 pulse 90
is able to walk and move but feeling low. Will follow your advise as given earlier.
if anything else required please advise
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do feed her frequently and monitor the bleeding.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The best way to increase the BP is to give her salty fluids. Add salt to the fruit juice too. Do ask her to take frequent small meals every 2 hours.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.