Suggest remedies for low AMH levels

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello
I am a 33 yr old female. We have just got married and would like to conceive not before 2 years. My gynaec suggested for AMH test which I did. The result was 0.76 which indicates low fertility. Please suggest what measures can we take now so that we can easily conceive after 2 years.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Low AMH

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
We must appreciate that doctor for advising you AMH. Now you need to get an ultrasound scan on 2nd or 3rd day of your menses to know the antral follicles in ovary along with certain other hormones.
Correlating both if it is below average you should not be postponing the pregnancy. Because the chances of conception comes down as you age.
In that case you should be planning to conceive at the earliest. You can get your husbands semen analysis also.
Hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj