Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

129 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest remedies for leg pain when diagnosed with arthritis and plantar fasciitis

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1994

Answered : 11329 Questions

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have lag pain and ankle pain. I have arthritis and planar fasciitis, but the came on sudden. I woke up one day in March and calapsed when I got out of bed. I have spend most of 2017 trying to get my leg mobility back. In 2016 I walked almost daily. I usually reached 10,000 steps a day. Now I can only walk short distances. It is painful to get up out of chairs. I can not sleep due to constant low level pain, and I can not find a position in bed that is not painful. It hurts in calf when I go down steps. I can not bend my knee past 90 degrees. The suddenness of the problem is alarming. Who should I (what specialist) to determine what has gone wrong.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
An orthopedician can help you.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the joints and restricted movement that you have developed is likely to be due to osteoarthritic changes in the joints.
These are basically age related degenerative changes in the weight bearing joints and is characterized by joint pain and stiffness. Upon movement the stiffness gradually relives. Sometimes application of hot pads can make the movement possible.
The treatment options include pain killers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc and some life style modifications and physiotherapy.
I encourage you to consult an orthopedician for physical examination. A few blood tests, X-rays of the knee, CT / MRI scans of the knee will help us diagnose the condition and help us in choosing the best approach of treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on