Suggest remedies for leg cramps at night

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: I have leg cramps every night what do I need to do to stop them???
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Masaage and regular walk

Detailed Answer:

Leg cramps in the night usually occur due to blood stasis in the veins of the leg. The stasis could could occur due to blockade in the veins by a blood clot, due to tortuosity of veins (varicose veins) or even due to lack of exercise which is essential to pump the venous blood to the heart.

I recommend you get your legs massaged every day and go for a regular 30 min walk. If this reduces the pain then the cramps are due to lack of exercise.

If both massage and walk do not help, then you may have to get a Doppler venous scan of both the legs to rule out other two causes. The treatment of which is usually surgical.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137