Suggest remedies for large mauve spots on arms
Probably the hormone supplement is causing the purpuras
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The large mauve spots that you are presenting with are called purpura, and in my opinion are most likely caused due to the pooling of blood under the skin that can occur either due to thinning of blood or due to minor vessels bursting.
In my opinion, from the list of possible causes for a purpura the most likely cause that matches your history are the hormone medications you are on (i.e. oestrogen, progesterone cream, testosterone cream, etc.). Now I do understand that you are on these hormonal supplements for a good reason, but you need to discuss them in detail with your doctor. Whether they are actually required, and if they are then how you can make a few other lifestyle changes in order to avoid the purpuras from appearing (e.g. dietary changes).
Another thing I should mention is that fish oils have the ability to cause thinning of blood which can also contribute or aggravate the purpuras which is why your doctor asked you to avoid it ma'am. At the end of the day, risk versus benefit should always be weighed in order to best understand and benefit from your supplements.
I hope you find my response helpful. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest a remedy for burning vagina
- Dark spots on face home remedy did not help suggestions
- Red and mauve marks on lower legs
- Mauve patches on legs
- Mauve pink spots on legs
- Mauve marks on skin
- Suggest remedy to put on weight
- Tiny brown spots on arms suggest the treatment
- Leg pain and mauve feet
- I have darkblackish spots please suggest remedy for it
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...