Suggest remedies for labial fusion

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Mon, 7 Mar 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Told my labial folds have fused and the opening for urination is closing over, now find I only pass very small quantities of urine often a dribble. Should I return to doctor orif so how urgent... no pain I am a 72 year old woman..
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As expected

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

The problem of dribbling urine mentioned was as expected after vulvolabial folds fuse. THis is because of the loss of firmness of the tissues on the area due to declining hormones at that age.
This is expected and not to be in an emergency.
You should learn to separate the folds while you urinate. You should also spend more time than earlier to empty the bladder. You should try to empty it as much as you can. Else you may have infection of the urine.
Your doctor should have prescribed a estrogen cream which can be of only some benefit to you. You can continue however.

Let me know if you have any bothering concerns other than this about this problem.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 14 hours later
Thank you, that clarifies it for me.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks

Detailed Answer:
I am glad it helped

Thanks for consulting me on healthcaremagic.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj