• question-icon

Suggest remedies for knee pain

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have knee pain minicus tear i belive it was popping snapping now just feels stuck hard to walk lots of pain plus ankle swelling. can i go directly to ortho surgeon? or do i need to see doctor to be refered to orthopedic

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult your physician first.

Detailed Answer:
The popping and snapping of the knee can be due to an internal knee injury or reduced joint lubricants. The pain in the knee and ankle swelling needs a proper evaluation by an orthopedician to find out the cause.
It is best to consult your physician first and get yourself referred to an orthopedician. MRI scan of the knee will help in proper diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon