Suggest remedies for jaw pain

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist

Posted on Wed, 25 Oct 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I am a 32 year old female and experiencing pain in the Jaw area while eating - suspecting TMJ disorder. Can you help me with the possible causes and cures for this?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below. consult doctor for investigation.follow these measures.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic.
This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query.

I have read your query and understand your concern. As fas as pain in jaw region while eating is concerned this can be due to Temporomandibular joint disorder or it can be due to impacted third molar or carious tooth.
For this i will suggest you to consult oral surgeon for clinical examination and investigation radiograph like OPG or TMJ sectional view to confirm the diagnosis.
In meantime i will suggest you few measures :
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush you teeth twice daily.
-Do warm saline rinses.
- Do hot formentation of TMJ region.
-Avoid wide opening of mouth.
-Take soft diet.
-Apply ointment containing diclofenac gel on painful region of jaw.
- For pain you can take medicine like Flexon MR or Myospaz Forte (muscle relaxtant) by consulting with local doctor.

Hope this will help you.
If you have further query i will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D