Suggest remedies for itching below the chin and upper body

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I am having iching below my chin to upper body of chest, especially sorounding neck. It slightley burns and irritating. When i rub it turns to be very red.

Currently i am in USA , Can you please suggest some cream or medicin that is available in the store.

Thank you very much
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use a mild topical steroid and take oral cetrizine

Detailed Answer:
hello. thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.

Seems like a mild irritant or allergic contact dermatitis.

I suggest you to take a tablet of cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching. Topically you may use an otc steroid cream e.g cortisone cream (contains 1% hydrocortisone acetate), twice daily for a few days.