Suggest remedies for irritation in the anus post fistulomy
I had fistulomy for a ano fistula at 3 o clock position 4 months back. The wound is completely healed by a month after surgery. I was comfortable after the surgery. I dint constipate after that, except for once or twice a mild constipation.Now abt a week. I have discomfort in the area where i had the wound opening earlier. Sometimes a picking sensation or dull ache.im worried if its the sign of reoccurance.Hello doctor,
I dont have any visible boil in the surface. I dont have any pain when i touch in tht spot
Local Exam and MRI to confirm the diagnosis.
Thanks for your query.
I have read your past and present history and understood your concerns.
Since the would is healed 3 months ago, recurrence is rare.
The causes of the discomfort are:
- The scar is on the pressure point hence there can be tenderness that can develop in the scar.
- The can be a fissure in ano due to hard stools you had.
- Recurrence is a possibility.
The ways to make sure what the diagnosis are:
- Per-rectal digital examination and proctoscopy by a General Surgeon.
- High resolution ultrasound or still better MRI study of the area gives definite diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
Getting the correct diagnosis is most important.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Till then take laxatives, have Sitz bath and care about diet and take any medicines as advised by your Surgeon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Irritation of the anus after cipro
- Suggest remedy for very dry anus
- Symptoms of anus irritation
- Irritation and blood in the anus causes
- Anus irritation causes
- Diagnosis of anus irritation
- Irritable bowel and itchy anus
- Irritation in between anus and
- Irritation between anus and scrotum
- Treatment and cure for anus irritation
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis