Suggest remedies for intermittent fever and vomiting in a child

Dr. Eric Goldstein

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My 7year old has had fevers on and off for several days. They go away and then randomly come back before bed and early in the morning. She has had the flu and common cold this past week. There was vomiting for less then 24 hours and spread through the house to each member. Still has a bad cough and congestion. Over all her mood and behavior is normal. But this morning she is complaining of head pain. Hurts when she coughs and bends over.
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fever

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question.
The symptoms you describe are very common in this age group. They are consistent with a developing sinus infection. The head pain and the increased pain when bending over are classic for it. In most cases, the only way to treat is with antibiotic. It would be worth a visit to your doctor to have her examined and discuss if this would be right for her.