Suggest remedies for infected nose hair follicle
I suggest an oral antibiotic for a week
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
i am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern
You seem to have a furuncle/boil which is a skin and soft tissue infection. Pain in neck and ear is most likely due to swollen cervical abd preauricular lymph glands draining the infected area.
I would suggest an oral antibiotic e.g either amoxicillin 500mg or cephalexin 500mg, three times daily, for a week Or 10 days This would help resolve the infection.
In addition you may take an oral antiinflammatory/ painkiller e.g ibuprofen tablets, twice or thrice daily, for symptomatic pain relief and to bring down the swelling.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Infected hair follicle headache
- Infected hair follicle in ear
- Infected vaginal hair follicle
- Infected leg hair follicle
- Infected hair follicle eyelid
- Infected hair follicle smell
- Infected folliculitis and hair follicles
- Pulling infected hair follicles
- Medicine for hair follicle infection
- Infected hair follicle on throat