question-icon

Suggest remedies for high libido levels

Posted on Mon, 25 Jul 2016
Question: I tried adhwaganda 5 days ago 2 pills 500 mg each because I thought it would lower libido but it did not. Instead it made me a little angry or down then usual and may have interacted with what I am on, lithium and trazodone. Would interact and how long does it take to get out of my system? What can I take that will lower my libido and not interact?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
SSRI'S will help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I can certainly understand your concern.

In case if you would like to reduce your libido, it's best advisable to go for group of drugs called SSRI'S ( selective serotonin reputable inhibitors) .

In presence of Bipolar Mania Depression and Lithium therapy, drugs like Escitalopram can help to reduce the libido.

It's advisable to take the drug for at least 3 Mo that for the effect to manifest.

It's interaction with Lithium and Trazadone is minimal.

I generally prescribe the above drug to my patients.
Please check with your physician if he prescribe these pills to you.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Suresh Heijebu