Suggest remedies for high blood pressure

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello,

My father is having High Blood Pressure since past one or two months and it was 220 yesterday. we have consulted our near by doctor. Today when i checked he was having 200 now. we are continuing the prescription. what would you suggest on this and second question is what needs to be done if BP gets high suddenly in night time or when we are alone.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Water and salt restriction

Detailed Answer:

Blood pressure will surely come down progressive since he is on medication now. His BP may not shoot up anytime again.

I recommend him to restrict on water and salt intake in addition to the medication which will minimize the chances of hypertensive crises.

In rare cases where BP rise high, you can give him stronger BP controlling medications like LASIX or Procardia for that instance. I would recommend you to ask the doctor for prescription of the above medicine with dosage suitable for your father

I assure you, there would not come a time where his BP may shoot over present reading, if he continue the medication.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Thank you for your answer.
Another thing is their any drink or something to eat to bring down the BP to normal if he feels bit uncomfortable or seems like BP is going high.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing works that fast

Detailed Answer:

Cranberries are known to excrete water from the body thereby reducing the Bp but these are very slow. Not a good choice in hypertensive crisis. Medications are best remedies.