Suggest remedies for high BP, frequent PVCs and anxiety
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
I understand your concern and would like to explain that high blood pressure (hypertension) is one of the most frequent health disorders, that can be easily managed and properly controlled.
So you shouldn't worry too much about!
First of all, I recommend closely monitoring your blood pressure values for a couple of days up to a week (several times daily) and after that to review those BP records.
As you are having frequent ectopic beats and feeling anxious, it is likely that anxiety plays an important role in exacerbation of high BP values and extra-systoles.
Coming to this point I recommend performing some medical tests:
- a resting ECG;
- an ambulatory 24 hours ECG (Holter) monitoring (to assess the severity of extrasystolic arrhythmia);
- cardiac ultrasound (to investigate the cardiac structure and function);
- complete blood count (to rule in/out anemia);
- thyroid function tests (blood hormone levels) for possible dysfunction (directly affecting BP, heart rhythm, anxiety);
- BUN and creatinine;
- blood electrolytes level;
- fasting blood glucose
making possible identification of any responsible cause of your complaints.
If nothing abnormal results from the above, then probably anxiety could be the reason.
In such case, it would not be necessary to take BP meds at all, but just manage your anxiety.
You need to discuss with your attending doctor and don't be affraid of the test results as your actual complaints are not dangerous and are completely manageable.
In case you have any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.
WIshing you a good health!
I appreciate your advice.
Hi again, dear XXXXXXX
Coming to this point, it seems that anxiety is your main health problem.
You need to change your daily life-style; engage yourself in more recreational and physical activities.
Probably some sport activities, like swimming, yoga, aerobics, etc. could be a good strategy to overcome your stress.
If all the above is not sufficient then an anxiolytic drug like Alprazolam 0.25 mg once daily for up to two weeks would be helpful in this regard.
If the problem persists, then a therapist (psychiatrist) for some rounds of CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) would be recommended.
Hoping you will find my suggestions useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Herbal remedies for high bp
- What are the treatments for anxiety and high bp
- Having high bp exercise remedy
- Can high bp cause anxiety
- Discomfort in esophagus high bp feeling anxiety
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Experiencing high bp what are the remedies
- Home remedies to reduce high bp
- How to cure anxiety which is leading to high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?