Suggest remedies for hematoma on the buttocks
hello and thank you for sending the question.
It is very reasonable to wait some time for the hematoma to slowly resolved. Your body can slowly resorb a hematoma which may occur over weeks or a short number of months.
If you were dealing with a significant amount of discomfort or pain then the only way to have this addressed would be to have a physician surgically drain The hematoma. There is no way to perform this without local anesthetic medication and sterile surgical equipment.
I would recommend that you consider warm soaks or a warm compress during the day and eveningfor 15 to 20 minute intervals. This can also help to promote slow resolution of the hematoma.
thank you again for sending your question.
Since I am allergic to so many items I must be put under in a one day surgical unit. What I don't understand is how do you drain it, a neddle sucking the blood out or will a small cut be made so that it drains, then have like rubber tubing put it to have it continue to drain.
I have done the warm soaks and it seemed to make it bigger, My Dr. ordered an Ultra Sound today as J've had this for 10 days now
thank you for the follow up.
Generally in order to evacuate a hematoma and incision needs to be made and the collected or coagulated blood can then be removed surgically. The hematoma itself may not be in liquid form. It may actually be more of a gelatinous type of collection of material.
depending how large the actual hematoma is then a small drain may be placed after a surgical procedure to make sure that significant amounts of food do not collect again in the cavity wall the body heals.
Thank you again for the question. Hopefully the ultrasound will provide additional information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drain a hematoma on buttock
- Natural remedies for hematoma
- What is the cause of hematoma on left buttocks
- Unexplained hematomas on buttocks and pelvic area
- Homeopathic remedy for hematoma
- Hematoma buttocks treatment
- Treatment for hematoma on hip and buttocks
- Large hematoma on buttock
- Hematoma left hard lump on buttock
- Remedies for newborn hematomas
- Is chemo-therapy effective in treatment of carcinoma of the esophagus?
- What does a lump on nipple indicate?
- What causes MGUS with a M-spike of .2?
- Suggest treatment for depression with anxiety
- What causes high BP and low platelet count?
- Suggest treatment for stage 4 rectal cancer
- Can Arimidex usage cause raised bumps on arms and neck?
- What does low WBC count indicate?
- Does Gleason of 9 and PSA of 96 indicate prostate cancer?
- Does my blood work indicate cancer?