Suggest remedies for halitosis

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I noticed a indented crevice and a small hole at the very back of my throat near my tonsils. Ive no pain with this or pus coming from it. However I have suffered with bad breath most of my life from around 11. No matter what I do I cant get rid of it. Please could you help. I also get the occasional shooting pain into my ear but this is rare.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
tonsillar crypts

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you have noticed indented crevices in the back of your throat. What you are seeing are crypts from your tonsils. These are normal and nothing to be concerned about. They can sometimes get food stuck in them and cause halitosis or bad breath. The best thing to do is good mouthwash gargles. There is nothing more you can do. Surgical excision is not recommended due to high post op complications.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions