Suggest remedies for gum infection after a root canal surgery
Gum infection, scaling, tooth infection, medication
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query
As far as the red color over the gums is concerned it can be because of the the gum infection secondary to the deposits. Nothing to be panic get the teeth cleaned and apply chlorhexidine ointment over the gums. Maintain the oral hygiene.
The swelling over the cheek can be because of the tooth infection that has resulted in the formation of cellulitis(pus spread to involve soft tissues ).
Consult an oral physician and get a radiograph like orthopantomograph done to confirm the diagnosis. If there is a tooth infection, it has to be treated. Meanwhile you can take a course of antibiotics like amoxicillin and metronidazole (if you are not allergic ). Upload the images of the cheek and gums for the better diagnosis and treatment plan.
I hope I have answered your query. if you have any queries reply me back. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bacterial infection after root canal
- Fever infection rash after root canal
- Bone infection after root canal
- Home remedies for root canal infection
- Infection years after root canal
- Incidence of ear infection after root canal
- Eye infection after root canal
- What treatment is suggested for swelling after root canal
- What are the complications after root canal surgery
- E coli infection after root canal treatment