Suggest remedies for gastric problem, abdominal cramps and discomfort

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: what otc medications will help gastroenteritis...I have cramping...some gas...no constipation or diarreah...just very uncomfortable
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
peptobismol. probiotics, pepcid

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Over the counter medications such as pepto bismol along with probiotics may help.

Abdominal discomfort is sometimes related to disturbance of the normal or required bacteria in the colon so using probiotics would help in this way. They can be used on their own or with yogurt with probiotics.

Both of these would be over the counter

If there is any burning or reflux symptoms , you can also consider pepcid or zantac

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions