• question-icon

Suggest remedies for gallbladder problem

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: HI AFTER EXPLAINING MY PROBLEM TO MY DOCTOR SHE SAID IT SOUNDED LIKE GALLBLADER PROBLEM I AM GOING OUT OF TOWN IS THERE ANYTHING i CAN TAKE UNTIL i GO TO THE DOCTOR AGAIN??? (FOR PAIN)
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

Your doctor has advised you that you might have a gallbladder problem. Gallbladder issues are sometimes associated with a domino pain and cramping as well as occasional nausea and vomiting. The pain tends to be in the upper abdomen or right upper quadrant.

If you're having significant discomfort you can try Tylenol or ibuprofen or Aleve as you have been using at home. Perhaps total might provide some better relief for you.

Just as important is your diet. You should try to limit your diet and decreased intake of heavy fatty foods, greasy foods or fried food.these types of foods can exacerbate an underlying gallbladder problem.

If your symptoms continue or worsen you should follow up with your primary care doctor for further testing including possible laboratory studies or an ultrasound of your gallbladder. In some cases the gallbladder needs to be removed to eliminate the problem.

thank you again for sending your question. I hope you feel better.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist