Suggest remedies for fungal infection on nose

Dr. R.G. Joshi

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Suggest cure for fungal infection with white scaly particles on nose.
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
seborrheic dermatitis.canddid b cream

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.I can understand your concern.

White scaly particles over nose probably suggest seborrheic dermatitis.

It occurs due to sensitivity of body to a fungus known as malazesia furfur.

One of the main cause for seborrheic dermatitis is excessive dandruff.It will be important for you to use antidandruff shampoo such as nizoral or kz.Use it once or twice weekly.Avoid harsh soap over face and excessive sun exposure.You can use a steroid antifungal cream such as candid b over nose .Apply it for a short period (10 to 14 days).

I hope this will help you.In case of any concern i will be happy to help you.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar