question-icon

Suggest remedies for fungal infection in thigh

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016
Question: I have a skin infection in my thingh for the past 4days. I was using an unwashed XXXXXXX Could you please suggest some remedies??

Image attached.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Seems to be ringworm infection, apply topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be ringworm infection which is a fungal infection.
In such cases I recommend my patients to apply sertaconazole cream on the affected area twice daily for 2 weeks along with antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (15 hours later)
Hi Doctor, Thank you so much for the info. Sertaconazole cream is not available in the near drug store. Can you suggest me anyother creams
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can use clotrimazole or terbinafine cream

Detailed Answer:
You can use clotrimazole cream or terbinafine cream.
Both are equally effective.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist