question-icon

Suggest remedies for fungal infection and redness on the legs

Posted on Wed, 10 Oct 2018
Question: hi sir/madem i am suffering from fungus in lags and redness . last two month many XXXXXXX takan and tube we used but not solved what should we do please give best XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Anti-fungal treatment

Detailed Answer:

You may apply a topical anti-fungal cream e.g either Luliconazole 1%cream, Sertaconazole 2%cream or Eberconazole 1%cream, twice daily, for 4-6 weeks. In addition,I suggest an oral anti-fungal e.g Tab. Terbinafine once a day for 4-6 weeks.

Oral and topical anti-fungal are prescription medications and I advice you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.Apart from specific treatment with oral and topical antifungals general measures include washing clothes (including undergarments) daily and exposing them to sun for at least 2 hours.

Bathing twice daily specially in hot, humid weather. Using cotton undergarments and loose fitting cotton clothes /trousers. Avoid tights like jeans.Cutting nails short so as to avoid autoinoculationof infection and adhering to the treatment regime for the entire duration.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Kakkar S.,
Dermatologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist