Suggest remedies for frequent urination

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a frequent urge to urinate. I have no discharge, pain, or burning but the issue always seems worse at night. My condition comes and goes with some days more severe than others. When I urinate, the urine tends to just drip out towards the end of going. What could be going on?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to Over Active Bladder syndrome (OAB)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Frequent to pass urine could be mostly due to what is called as Over Active Bladder (OAB).

Normally sensation to pass urine is initiated when bladder gets filled up with 250-300 ml of urine but in OAB there are involuntary contraction of bladder even it gets filled up with 100 ml of urine causing urge to pass urine .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Urodynamic study of bladder .

Start taking anti muscuranic drugs like Darifenacin once daily .

It should work for you

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana