Suggest remedies for frequent urination in the night

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: I am having problems with getting up Every hour to urinate. That way I do not get enough sleep and wake up tired in the morning
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
How much of this do you take daily?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

This is clearly related to a prostate problem. What is the dosage of your dutasteride? It might need to be increased. In addition, try to avoid drinking much water just before going to bed or in the later part of the day. The best solution would have been surgery but at your age, this is simply not the best approach and not recommended.

Let me know what the dosage is and whether you have tried any other medications before.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
I take 1 capsule once daily Pierre
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I recommend you increase this to two daily!

Detailed Answer:

I will recommend that this goes up to two daily. Discuss this with your doctor and hear what his thoughts are as well.

Thanks and keep me updated on this.