Suggest remedies for folliculitis
Folliculitis and it's management
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I have reviewed the attached photographs and you have developed folliculitis.
It is inflammation of the hair follicle usually due to bacterial infection.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take oral antibiotic like tablet cefixime 200 mg twice daily for 5 days along with application of topical antibiotic like mupirocin cream or fusidic acid cream on this red area twice daily for 5-7 days.
Along with this I would recommend you to take anti inflammatory medicines like tablet ibuprofen for 2-3 days till the pain, swelling and redness subsides.
These medicines are prescription drugs and you need to see a doctor in person to get them.
Neosporin ointment, hot fermentation
You can try using neosporin ointment on the affected area twice daily for 3-4 days to see whether it's responding to it.
Otherwise you need to go for oral antibiotics if the response is not satisfactory.
Besides this go for hot fermentation of the affected area 2-3 times in a day.
If these measures don't help then you need to take prescription drugs.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for folliculitis on forearms and thighs
- Bacterial folliculitis remedies
- Remedy for severe itching due to folliculitis
- Homeopathic remedies for folliculitis of pregnancy
- What is the remedy for folliculitis when on doxycycline
- Folliculitis decalvans natural remedies
- Folliculitis in arms and legs heredity remedy
- Folliculitis in anus home remedy
- Natural remedies for folliculitis infection
- Tufted folliculitis remedy