Suggest remedies for fluid leakage from hemorrhoids and constipation
As detailed below.
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/82 - visited a Doctor - taking benefiber to thicken stools from diarrhea but seem to cause constipation - constant clear fluid leakage from constant protruding hemorrhoids - no odor, itching or pain - yet, you need to use kleenix put up against rectum to collect constant moisture - butterfly liners will not adhere against the rectum...
The probable explanation is as follows:
Your history is so much self explanatory. The prolapsed hemorrhoids carry with it the rectal mucosa which secretes the fluid that you have- clear fluid without odor, itching or pain.
The most probable best solution is to get the hemorrhoids operated if your age and medical fitness permits so. Consult a General Surgeon or Proctologist to clinical evaluation, examination, ano-proctoscopy and colonoscopy to rule out any other problems in the rectum and large bowel. He can tell you the most probable management possible and Per-rectal examination will help to know the tone of the sphincters.
Secondly, please do not take more benefibers. Patients with similar complaints get entrapped into the vicious cycle of constipation alternating with loose stools.
I hope this answer helps you to get an early proper diagnosis and treatment possible, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constipation after hemorrhoid surgery
- Do bananas cause constipation and ease hemorrhoids
- Suffering from constipation could it be hemorrhoids
- Diarrhea previous constipation hemorrhoidal prolapse weakness jaw pain during chewing
- Have constipation hemorrhoids can i take isabgol while breastfeeding
- Pain in the anus constipation history of hemorrhoids recurrence
- Pain in the anus constipation had diarrhea hemorrhoids
- Severe constipation painful internal and external hemorrhoids need surgery
- Bowel disorder acidity having hemorrhoid constipation treatment
- Constipation protrusion from anus internal hemorrhoids in colonoscopy help