Suggest remedies for fluctuations in BP readings

Critical Care Specialist
Question
hi, last one month I have checked my BP 3- 4 times .every time it comes around 150-160/ 90-100.
my father has BP problem and takes medicine regularly..what should I do now.
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
time to get yourself checked up first...

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HealthcareMagic,

Well, if it's persistently coming around 150-160/90-100mmHG then you need to get yourself checked up by a Cardiologist (if unavailable then any nearby Internal Medicine specialist)...

A thorough clinical check-up is important before initiating any treatment for hypertension. Along with this, a few relevant investigations (eg. CBC, LFT, KFT, Chest X-ray and a 12 lead ECG) should also be done.

Along with these, a few important lifestyle modifications like strict avoidance of smoking and alcohol (if at all do), avoidance of salty/junk foods, avoid putting extra salt in foods should also need to be done.

So, don't worry, go for it (visit the Internal Medicine Specialist/ Cardiologist) to initiate treatment for this under supervision...

Let me know if I can assist you further...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for fluctuations in BP readings 6 minutes later
what are main reasons of hypertension? right now i measured it was 170/105. should i take any medicines right now.

Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
get yourself checked up at first

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

First of all, please try to remain calm, anxiety can further accelerate the blood pressure...

The blood pressure should be checked by either a doctor or any other paramedical personnel (eg. nurse etc.) to avoid any error in reading.

There are numerous causes of hypertension (can be due to cardiac or other organs like kidney, thyroid related, lifestyle-oriented like obesity, alcohol, smoking-induced and several others), which is why it's important to get checked up at first...

You should not take any medications on your own!! Kindly go to your nearest healthcare facility and get the blood pressure checked up at first...

Treatment for hypertension is generally life-long, which is why it's important to get yourself diagnosed at first to decide the further course of treatment...

Nothing to worry, with timely diagnosis and immediate treatment, it can be very well controlled...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for fluctuations in BP readings 40 hours later
Thanks doctor, are these digital BP meter doesn't give accurate readings.

Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
your most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Some of them do while some don't, think of it like a steering wheel of the car, which should be only driven by the trained professional...as I've explained earlier, the blood pressure should be checked by either a doctor or any other paramedical personnel (eg. nurse etc.) to avoid any error in reading.

Take Care
Kind Regards