Suggest remedies for floaters in the line of vision

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: What would cause sudden appearance of floaties in one eye.
YYYY@YYYY ty/
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be related to retinal tear!

Detailed Answer:

Floaters with age are not uncommon as the fluid in the eyes tend to clump and cast shadows which present as floaters. However, if you do experience many at once, this may point to a tear in the retinal requiring immediate assessment by an eye expert.

In all, related to aging or a tear in the retinal. Because it is sudden and in many numbers, I will request that you get assessed as soon as possible.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana