Suggest remedies for flaky scalp
Management of flaky scalp
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to use ketoconazole shampoo twice weekly and apply lotion containing combination of clotrimazole and beclomethasone on the flaky areas of the scalp twice daily.
Besides this take oral medication like capsule itraconazole 200 mg once daily for 2-3 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
For pubic region apply moisturising cream containing white soft paraffin on the pubic and groin region twice daily.
Cetaphil moisturising lotion or moisturex soft lotion
You can use either Cetaphil moisturising lotion or moisturex soft lotion for the pubic area.
For flaky scalp you need to use shampoo.
They contain various antifungal preparations for dealing with flakiness.
Use either ketoconazole shampoo or ciclopirox olamine shampoo.
Recommending use to go for shampoo,oral and topical antifungals
You have used only OTC preparations.
I am recommending you to use an antifungal shampoo along with an antifungal lotion and oral antifungals.
Combined treatment will be effective.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs