Suggest remedies for fever in infant post vaccination

Posted on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 in Child Health
Question: hi my son who is 10months old had his 4month vaccinations about three days ago (he had health issues when first born so was told to wait with immunisations) since he has been not sleeping and has had a fever on and off... i know these are normal side effects of vaccinations i just wanted to know how long it could last before i start being concerned? also is there anything other than panadol and ibuprofen i can use to help him?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No worries. Upto 72 hours till resolution. Syrup ibupeofen

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
I read your question and understand your concern.Your child has been vaccinated with diptheria tetanus pertussis hepatitis b and h influenza pentavalent vaccine likely. Fever and injection site pain is very common sequelae of this. Unless there is severe redness or pus colllection on injection site ( abscess formation) dont worry for mere fever. It happens all the time. Give the baby half tea spoon of syrup ibuprofen twice a day and wait and see. Some times the fever may take more than 3 days but it usually subsides with in 48 to 72 hours.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
Refards XXXXXXX
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan