question-icon

Suggest remedies for fever, chills and leg cramps below the knee

Posted on Mon, 1 Aug 2016
Question: male, 70 yrs old, fever 101.5, chills and leg cramps below the knee.
sudden onset

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Get your blood tested.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Although viral fevers are quite common, the presence of chills worries me and makes me suspect malaria or urinary tract infection. I would insist you to get your blood tested for presence of malaria parasites as well as complete blood count. I would also insist you get get a routine microscopy of your urine done. Let me know the reports and I would guide you accordingly. In the meantime take paracetamol or acetaminophen to bring down the temperature. Also use tepid sponging.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha