Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

182 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest remedies for fatigue and body pain

Answered by
Dr. Ilir Sharka


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 6333 Questions

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: No energy and ache all over!
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that it is important performing a comprehensive differential diagnosis between different causes that may lead to your symptoms:

- an infection (viral or bacterial)
- an inflammatory disorder
- chronic anemia
- a lung disorder
- a metabolic disorder (like electrolyte imbalance, kidney or liver dysfunction, etc.)

Sleep apnea can not be excluded either, although body pain is not a typical symptom of this disorder.

For this reason, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and some tests:

- a resting ECG
- a chest X Ray study and pulmonary function tests
- blood gas analysis
- complete blood count
- liver and renal function tests
- blood electrolytes
- PCR, ESR for inflammation
- muscular enzymes (CPK)
- a urine analysis.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 16 minutes later
Ortho physician has recommended knee replacement - What type physician would you recommend for the overall list GP OR go to Chapel Hill or Duke? What type of Dr. can handle all the things you have listed above? I don't want Knee until I'm sure there is not something else going on!!! Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

I agree with you that a careful check up to exclude the above mentioned causes should be done, before proceeding to the knee surgery.

You can perform these tests by consulting with your GP or an Internal Medicine specialist.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Body pain

doctor1 MD

Sir, I am 35 years old male. I am a smoker (6-8 cigarettes /day) and I take alcohol twice or thrice every week. I am also taking Etricoxib 60mg every day (once) for chronic body pain. I am having a problem of 3/4 times motion. Now I am experiencing a little suffocating during the first one Km of my walking exercise. After 1 Km I feel a bit relaxed. Am I suffering from any heart problem? Please advise.

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I'm having headache, body pain especially in ankle, thigh. Also have mild throat pain. Please do help me to recover. Regards, xxxxxx

doctor1 MD

I am having FEVER , headache and running nose since 1 day. kindly help me.

doctor1 MD

Hello; I am a 25 year old male. I am living with the following symptoms and cannot get a diagnosis. These are my symptoms. Weakness in the arms and legs. Sensory symptoms such as numbness or tingling in arms and legs. Body pain all over, as high...