question-icon

Suggest Remedies For Eye Floaters In A Diabetic

Posted on Sat, 4 Nov 2017
Question: About once a month I see colored jagged lines in one spot even though my eyes are closed. It lasts for 5 or so minutes. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Visual migraine

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern concern. What you refer is descriptive of a visual migraine.

However, if the age in your medical history is correct, and, furthermore, if you suffer from hoper tension or diabetes, it might also be due to something more serious relating to the retina, which is the layer at the back of the eyeball that is responsible for transmitting images to the nerves and then the brain.

In any case, I strongly recommend you get an eye exam for better evaluation.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ornela Ademovi