• question-icon

Suggest remedies for erectile dysfunction

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: Dear Doctor , I am 71 years old man in Perfect health with no ailments and my
looks are that of a 60 year old man. I have very weak erections and
even 10 Mg Cialis does not work well as if there is not much
circulation going to my Penis and I ejaculate hardly one or two
thin watery drops with no feeling or pleasure of ejaculation.
Kindly guide me if my problems are treatable . Regards ,
XXXXX
YYYY@YYYY

poor circulation of Blood or some sort of Blockage in penis veins. Semen is no longer produced.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Alternatives may be tried.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Tadalafil (Cialis), vardenafil (Levitra), and sildenafil (Viagra) are oral remedies for erectile dysfunction (ED). About half of all men over age 40 occasionally have a problem with erections. When ED becomes an ongoing problem oral ED medications like these are often used and results are generally favorable.

Cialis, Levitra, and Viagra are all in a similar class of drugs and work in much the same way. Talk to your doctor about trying vardenafil (Levitra) or sildenafil (Viagra) to see if they help. If any of these are effective, your problem is solved. If not, a careful evaluation by your treating physician would be necessary to understand if your problem is treatable. Cannot comment about the blockage in penile veins and lack of semen production without a proper clinical evaluation. However, testosterone supplements might be required as well and your treating physician would be able to comment on the same.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha