Suggest remedies for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 27 Apr 2016 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: HI THIS IS XXXXXXX I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH A SEXUAL PROBLEM LATELY WHICH IS I CANT MANTAIN MY ERECTION . I HAVE THE HABIT OF SMOKING AND DRINKING, LATELY I QUIT BOTH OF 'EM AND STARTED WORKING OUT AND EATING HEALTHY FOODS WHICH ARE RICH IN NUTRIENTS AND PROTEINS . ITS BEEN 4 DAYS SINCE I STARTED WORKING OUT AND QUIT SMOKING, BUT NO USE, I FEAR THIS MIGHT BE ''ED''. PLEASE SUGGEST ME A SOLUTION, AND WOULD L-ARGININE AND PYCNOGENOL CAPUSLES WORK IN MY CASE?

Sorry,forgot to mention , i have the habit of masturbating !! i have been continuously masterbating almost everyday since past 20 days while watching porn , please review my problems and hope u suggest the right problem to my solution , thank you.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
masturbation is safe thing

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

First of all I want to clarify about the masturbation.
Masturbation is natural and normal thing. It is done by 95% of the males in the world, mostly before marriage as well as when wife is away, in menses or pregnant after marriage. It is not at all harmful. Frequency of masturbation done by an individual varies from once a day to once a week. It depends upon individual libido, wish and timing. It neither causes any weakness nor any problem in sexual activity. No need to worry about your habit of masturbation.

According to DSM - 5 definition, ED can be diagnosed when person fails most of the time (say more than 50%) in last 6 months during intercourse. You are able to masturbate that means there is no major issue.

Yes smoking and alcohol affect erection in long run. You have stopped just since 4 days. it will take 8-10 weeks to clear them completely from your body if you have taken for more than 1 year.

As your problem is more psychological, L-arginine will help. No need of taking pycnogenol.
Continue work out and healthy diet.

Give yourself rest for 1 week and regain sexual activity without any apprehension about erection. You will succeed for sure.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 2 hours later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome.

If still any query there, I will be happy to answer. If not, you can close the discussion and if feasible give your feedback and rating so I can improve my service. In future you can contact me directly on this site if you wish with this link:
http://bit.ly/drchintansolanki
by clicking on 'Ask me a question' on same page with three follow up questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad