Suggest remedies for elevated micro albumin levels in urine

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a high micro albumin urine its causing blisters on the head of my penis I do have an appt with a neprooligist on aug 25 earliest I could get in is there any thing I can do to stop the blistering?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to local infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Health Care Magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, it is likely to be caused by protein leak directly through penis and can be local fungal or bacterial infection. As only way albumin leak affects such lesions us by losing body's immunity proteins called immunoglobulins and thus causing drop in body's ability to fight diseases and lead to frequent fungal infections.

It needs to be reviewed by a dermatologist and not by a nephrologist alone. An opinion to reduce albumin leak, use of ACE inhibitors or ARB is a reasonable approach along with strict follow up with the nephrologist for work up and control of albumin leak.

Meanwhile use of topical anti inflammatory drugs as well as oral antibiotics if signs of bacterial infection evident on local examination may be needed until a detailed dermatologist opinion is sought.

To start with local anti inflammatory drugs containing polymycins or anti fungal like Meconazole may be helpful. Oral antibiotics like Co-Amoxyclav (Augmentin) 625 mg twice daily for 5 days can be given prophylactically (you need to obtain prescription for these from your local physician). For pain or discomfort you can use OTC analgesics like Acetaminophen.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee